

Today President Bush came to Utah, this normally would not be a big deal but it was because he landed across the street from my work. I’m not a big Bush fan, especially when I’m at the gas pump, but I would never wish him harm. Anyway, it was just cool to see Airforce One land and then to see the huge motorcade that came out of the airport, we all thought it was more cool to see the police officers on motorcycles then it was to actually see the president. I posted an actual picture of his airplane in the SLC Airport, I got it from the news website because we’re not allowed to have cameras at work.
One cool thing was this guy comes and sits right down by us under a tree in the grass, the head of our security department asked him to leave because he was not an employee, the guy said no and then he asked him to leave again and the guy stood up and started yelling at our security and told him that he was to never come on his property and then stormed off. This guy then walked over to these children of an employee and started telling them that they could not stand on the grass because they were not employees, security escorted him off the property to the sidewalk. Not really a good scene to cause outside where the presidents about to drive out. The guy had this big backpack on and soon the bomb squad pulled up and parked next to him, all of us had some really good jokes going at that point, I don’t think the bomb squad was there because of the guy but it sure was funny to joke about.
That’s the most excitement I’ve had at this new job, I kind of think my work is boring most of our offices are full of engineers (aka Nerd Herd), whenever I see a bunch of engineers together I try to always make a nerd herd reference, they all seem to get really excited about the show Battle Star Galactica. I mean no harm and I’m sure they all make triple what I make but it’s still fun to make fun of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment