Saturday, June 6, 2009

Airshow Spectators

This morning, Angela and I woke up and had plans to go to the Hill Airforce Base airshow. This show it a huge event in Salt Lake City and over 500,000 people attend over the weekend. It runs on Saturday from 10:30AM - 5:30PM and they have a bunch of different aircraft flying. It also runs on Sunday, I assume the same hours. We decided to stay home and watch the show from our roof insted of fighting traffic with 250,000 people today. We spent about an hour on the roof and I got excited and decided I had to get up close and personal so I took a quick trip up to the base on my motorcycle. I had a few planes fly over me and saw some skydivers but decided that it would take 3 hours to park so I cruised home. I went back up on the roof and Angela and my neighbor friend Tony (the rocket scientist) joined me to watch the show.

One of the few pics I took of planes. This was a C17 transport that flew right over our house. We also had a F4 phantom, F16, and P51 Mustand fly right over our heads.
Here's a pic of Tony, he was sporting a sweet set of binoculars that the backs kept falling off of. We also had my huge 15x70 binocs.
Our viewing spot for about 5 hours.

Here's me coming back from the base and waving to Angela on the roof.

A dorky shot of me, you can see smoke against the mountains in the back left side of the pic from some planes that just did an aerobatic show.

Angela taking a look through the binoculars. It was an absolutely beautiful day. To get out on the roof, we crawled out a second story window. Our pets decided to take in the show, too.

Whiskey and little kitty. Whiskey is sticking his tongue out at the neighbors and little kitty is looking at a Japanese Zero.
This is a picture of little kitty bitch-slapping whiskey for making comments about the pilot's abilities. Whiskey kept his opinion to himself after this.

Once the pecking order was firmly established, they both enjoyed the rest of the show in peace.

Whiskey was tired after several hours but he really wanted to see the "thunderbirds" fly their F16's and managed to keep his eyes open.

A nice perspective shot by Angela. We had a great day.

No comments: