Monday, May 18, 2009

Yard Work Weekend

Angela and I decided to finally landscape the front of our house and spent all weekend doing it. We had some big rocks in the front and I wanted them moved. We wents to Lowe's and they were out of the 6' prybars so I bought a 12' 4X4 and cut it in half and used it and some smaller pieces of 4x4 to move these rocks. I made some grunting noises from the bottom of my soul attempting to move these but we eventually moved the smaller rock about 3 feet and the larger rock about 4 inches. We pulled all of the dirt out and added a black plastic border and 6 bushes plus some decorative bark. Here are the pics:

The small (about 600 pounds) rock on the right used to be outside the edge of the porch.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lawn dude. I have a lawn dude. he mows once a week for $15 front and back and I come home to a beautiful house. I also have a maid - i think she's the best investment i ever maid (made)! She's $20 an hour and comes every other week and I split it with my roommie... gotta love the lawn dude and the maid!!! grass is always green and my floor is always clean!